Sunday, July 6, 2008




On Friday, I took the shuttle to the Rangsit campus of Bangkok U, where I have my studio, and where I will have my show. The shuttle is like something out of a Bollywood movie--it has two levels, pink and purple decor, and tassled curtains. The gallery is enormous, and I will have it all to myself. This photo only shows half of the gallery. It is a very daunting thought that I need to fill this space. I imagine that the show will be fairly minimal.
The Rangsit campus is quite beautiful, with small lakes and lots of trees (photo included). I share a large open studio space with one of the professors. He makes paintings of naked women. The contemporary art that I have seen here thus far has been provocative, but there are two subjects which are off limits--buddhism and the king.

No comments: